Macedon (39) V Rockbank (16)
Where the game was won or lost?
A great second half outscoring Rockbank 21 to 6. With full court defense and Kaz (as our secret weapon) in GS and we chipped away at the game. It’s also worth mentioning that we were called for 7 steps (all by the same umpire too?)
Quarters that stood out:
The last quarter stands out because we shot the last 8 goals of the quarter, smashing the score line out by 23 goals. Although we were called for 4 steps in this quarter our defensive pressure over the ball stepped up and we forced Rockbank to throw ‘risky’ passes and we were there to mop up. Brooklyn had 3 gains, Shanae a gain and an intercept, Taylah had 2 gains and 3 intercepts, Madi a gain and Amy/ Georgia 2 gains.
Significant goal runs:
Q1: Both teams scored a couple of 3 goal runs but it was our last run heading into quarter time that gave us a 10- 7 lead.
Q2: We pushed on and started the quarter with the first 3 goals and finished with the last 3. A good lead of 8 goals 18- 10.
Q3: We continued to dominate with the first 5 goals but Rockbank sensed our complacency and shot 4 in a row. We then shot 5 in retaliation. 29 -15.
Q4: We shot the first 2, continuing to break Rockbank’s first center pass. They shot goal 16 and we finished with the last 8 for the game.
Positives to be taken from the game:
- We broke every Rockbank center at the start of each quarter.
- We had some really good goal runs that pushed out our lead in bursts.
- Kaz in goals is always an option.
- We had an opportunity to move around our team with Mads running in C, Kaz GS, Taylah inn WA, Shanae in B grade and Brooklyn getting a full game.
- Team defensive pressure wins us a lot of balls (45)
Area for improvement:
- Team goaling percentage was not very good at 63%
- Coach killing calls such as steps and held balls.
- Adjusting to the one sided umpire.
- Cleaning up our distance over the ball.
VOTES: 3 Brooklyn 2 Amy 1 Demi